POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Soap Bubbles : Re: Soap Bubbles Server Time
4 Oct 2024 19:18:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Soap Bubbles
From: Ken
Date: 23 Feb 1999 17:53:36
Message: <36D330F2.ECDE650A@pacbell.net>
Rudy Velthuis wrote:

> Mogwai schrieb in Nachricht <36D2ECC3.D14412F8@imola.nettuno.it>...
> >Any Comments?
>
> This is a good picture. Only one comment.
>
> If soap bubbles touch each other, the intersecting surface is a plane (a
> disk), and not spherical. Now I know it's hard to code this in POV, but
> that's the first thing I noticed about the two soap bubbles in front of the
> coloured soap bubbles box.

Actualy I think it's your perspective. I see them as seperated. I also
see them as very well modeled and textured bubbles. A task I have thought
of doing on more than one ocassion and avoided it knowing I had no clue
where to start. The only citisism I have is the puddle under the soap
is too square on it's edges. Seems like a plastic model of what the real
thing would look like.

> Mogwai - isn't that one of these furry animals wich look a bit like a furby
> from one of these SF movies (Critters)?
>
> --
> Rudy Velthuis

Mogwai -  Gremlins ! Bright light !